Universal Service Fund (USF) Administrator
The main goal of the Universal Service Fund (USF) is to support the provision of Universal Service in telecommunications throughout St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The post holder will be part of the management team at the NTRC with responsibilities that will include the following:
- Identify and develop new project ideas for the USF.
- Manage seven existing USF Projects.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Define and prepare Fund Project Bidding Documents for new and retendered projects.
- Prepare bid evaluation reports.
- Prepare the USF annual budget.
- Prepare relevant status reports as per deadlines.
- Prepare the USF Annual Report.
- Prepare the USF Operating Plan.
- Negotiate project contracts with successful bidders.
- Assist with promoting the USF project performance indicators.
- At least three years’ experience in a middle management position.
- Proven track record of facilitating, negotiating and supervising contracts between the public and the private sector.
- Experience/knowledge with enterprise level Wi Fi networks would be an asset.
Other Required Skills & Attributes:
The post holder must demonstrate:
- Highly developed skills (both written and oral) in the presentation of arguments and ideas.
- Strong business ethics, integrity, and composure at all times and in all situations with all stakeholders.
- A professional and positive image and attitude regarding the NTRC and its work.
- Confidence in public speaking, including interacting with the media, special interest groups, the general public and high-level Government stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously.
- Big-picture thinking and outside the box solutions.
- The ability to multi- task and interpret complex data, while maintaining a sense of urgency in achieving outputs and deliverables.
- A first degree or equivalent work experience and related qualifications/certifications.
- A master’s degree in Project Management, Business Management, Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent from a recognized educational institution.
- In the absence of a master’s degree, another post graduate qualification and/or 3 years’ experience in one of the above fields will be considered.
The salary and allowances for this position will be competitive and would be part of a package that includes medical and pension benefits.
Applications inclusive of current curriculum vitae, cover letter and two professional character references must be sent on or before Wednesday June 30, 2021 to:
National Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (NTRC)
P.O. Box 2368
St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.