Comment on Comments
Comment on Comments
17th April 2023
1. The National Telecommunications Regulatory Commission received a submission from ECTEL containing a Consultation Paper on Recommendation to the Revised and Updated Electronic Communications (Quality of Service) Regulations of the ECTEL Member States.
2. A copy of the consultation Document to the Revised and Updated Electronic Communications (Quality of Service) Regulations is available on the ECTEL website (www.ectel.int) and the Commissions’ websites. Copies will be made available upon request from the National Telecommunications Regulatory Commission.
3. The initial comments period was set for 11th January – 24th February 2023 and was extended to 10th March, 2023 then thereafter to 3rd April, 2023.
4. ECTEL has received the following comments:
- i. Ms. Deidre Williams;
- ii. National Telecommunications Regulatory Commission – St. Vincent and the Grenadines;
- iii. National Telecommunications Regulatory Commission – Saint Lucia;
- iv. Digicel Regional;
- v. FLOW (representing Cable & Wireless and Columbus Communications in All ECTEL Member States); and
- vi. Affordable Island Communications Inc. (Aislecom) Grenada.
5. The period for reply comments (Comment on Comments) period will commence on Monday 17th April and end on Friday 28th April, 2023.
6. Following the reply Comments on Comments period, ECTEL’s Directorate will review the feedback received with the Consultant. Following which, a Final Determination Paper will be prepared with the Revised and Updated Electronic Communications (Quality of Service) Regulations for submission to ECTEL’s Board of Directors and Council of Ministers, for its recommendation and for adoption in the ECTEL Member States.
7. All responses to this Consultative Document should be written and sent via e-mail no later than 4.30 pm on the due date to: –
P. O. Box BW395, Gros Islet, LC01 601 Saint Lucia
This consultative document does not constitute legal, commercial or technical advice. The consultation is without prejudice to the legal position of ECTEL’s duties to provide advice and recommendations to the Ministers with responsibility for electronic communications and the National Telecommunications Regulatory Commissions.
Comments received from the Consultation
Noting the interest expressed, and considering requests received thus far during this consultation, ECTEL has decided that the deadline for submission of initial comments be extended to Friday 13th August 2021 to allow interested parties more time to submit comments.