Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the post of System Administrator with the Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Authority (ECTEL) at its regional Headquarters’ office located in Saint Lucia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The System Administrator shall be expected to, among other things:
- Administer MS Windows Server 2019 Active Directory environment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and support LAN/WAN network infrastructure.
- Install and configure hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Administer Microsoft 365 applications (SharePoint, Teams, Exchange Online, Office 365).
- Assist with website administration and content updates.
- Monitor system performance and diagnose problems to improve network performance.
- Perform vulnerability monitoring and hardening of systems and network devices.
- Monitor results of backups, troubleshoot as needed and perform periodic test restores.
- Co-ordinate service or replacement of defective products from vendors and manufacturers.
- Provide technical support for projects.
- Assist with information dissemination and training of end-users.
- Provide technical support and guidance to resolve users’ computer hardware and software issues.
- Maintain reports for support services and outcomes.
- Maintain databases and produce reports monthly and as required.
The successful applicant will be based at the Authority’s Headquarters in Saint Lucia and will be entitled to a relocation grant and baggage allowances (including transfer of a vehicle) if recruited outside of the duty station.
Please go to the website, www.ectel.int and click on “About Us” and “Career Opportunities” or follow the link below to apply:
Applications should be accompanied by the applicant’s curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of three (3) referees, along with certified copies of relevant certificates.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 22nd March, 2023 at 4:30 p. m.